I love apple pie! But right now in my life, apple pie does not love me! I was in the mood for it so I put this body-friendly recipe together in no time. It is cheap, quick and easy to make. And best of all it is delicious! It is warm, sweet and sure to satisfy. 🙂
My husband loves it and affectionately calls this dish Apple Crisp. I added the Baked because I decided to bake this little gem in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. It is the perfect completely clean and healthy dessert for this holiday season. It is the perfect healthy replacement for apple pie. You can eat it without guilt!
The recipe is made with apples, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, and honey. If you don’t eat honey you can either skip it all together or replace it with real maple syrup or equivalent. But honestly, this dish doesn’t need it. It is sweet enough from the apples and raisins.
Also, I wanted to add that I used ramekins for this recipe. They are perfect for baking recipes like this as well as serving. CLICK HERE for more information on ramekins. There is a variety to choose from. I use them often. They are a great addition to a well-stocked kitchen!
If you try this recipe, let us know! We love seeing your comments, ratings, and photos tagged #whatchelseaeats on Instagram.
- 1 apple any variety (I used honey crisp)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven
- Core apple and cut into small ½ inch chunks.
- Add chopped apple between the two small baking dishes. I used ramekins.
- Next, add equally between the two dishes the walnuts, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Top with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup. (optional)
- Place baking dishes on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.